Meet Leo, AKA One Happy Widow
Hi, I'm Leo, and I am One Happy Widow.
I would like to share my experiences as a widow finding happiness in my life, and help others do the same.
Wherever you are in your grieving journey, I want to help you process that grief and make the most of the life you still have.
I am a school teacher who became widowed in 2017 at the age of 43. I still had all 4 of my children living at home, and my life changed overnight. After spending time stuck in some of the stages of grief, I gave myself permission to find joy and happiness and I set out to do that. Now I want to share my experience with other widowed people and try to help them also.
I have over 20 years of teaching experience in the area of math, history, and special education. I have a son on the Autism Spectrum, and all 4 of my children have manifested their grief in various ways. They have taught me so much about the grieving process and how it affects everyone differently.
Just for fun, here is a list of 10 things about me:
- I taught myself how to sew by watching YouTube videos
- I have Hashimoto's Disease
- I have 3 college degrees
- I have remarried since I became widowed- and he's a widower as well
- I was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 47
- I was a guest on the Jerry Springer Show- and I didn't fight or strip lol
- I have 5 tattoos
- I lean towards natural parenting- including home birthing, homeschooling, and cloth diapering
- I love to binge watch Netflix
- I live on a small farm with my husband, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 8 chickens, and 3 sheep (and soon to be 2 mini-donkeys!)